DCI Partners is a leading venture capital firm focusing on life sciences
We have over 20 years' history of investing in biotech start-ups since the period of NIF Ventures.
We are currently managing the largest size of the life science fund in Japan
and playing a key role in supplying funds to promising start-ups.
We aim at increasing the value of our portfolios by providing various hands-on supports
utilizing our team's expertise of clinical development, intellectual property and business development
as well as our extensive network across academics, biotechs and pharmas primarily in Japan and Taiwan.
Beyond classical venture capital firms, we act as a platform
to incubate seeds that have great potential and create new start-ups.
- Yuka Niimi has been ranked 5th in the "Japan's Venture Capitalist of the Year" by Forbes JAPAN (a Japanese edition of "The Midas List" by Forbes).
- K Pharma, Inc., one of our portfolio companies, has been listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Noile-Immune Biotech Inc., one of our portfolio companies, has been listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- APRINOIA Therapeutics Inc., one of our portfolio companies, has entered into a definitive agreement for a business combination with Ross Acquisition Corp II, a SPAC founded by Mr. Wilbur Ross who is a prominent investor and the former Commerce Secretary of the United States.
- The founding of a new biotech company「Surv BioPharma Inc.」
- TMS Co., Ltd., one of our portfolio companies, has been listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- The Fund Size increased to JPY 15.3 Billion
- DCI Partners has been adopted as a certified Venture Capital by the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED), as a participant of AMED's program to support biotech startups and strengthen the ecosystem.
Visit https://www.amed.go.jp/koubo/19/02/1902C_00003.html for more information.
- The Fund Size increased to JPY 14.5 Billion
- Renascience one of our portfolio companies, has been listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- StemRIM one of our portfolio companies, has been listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- EirGenix, Inc., one of our portfolio companies, has been listed on Taipei Exchange.
- Open Innovation Partners, Inc., one of our portfolio companies, has obtained FDA approval.
- The founding of a new biotech company「Anexa PEP Inc.」
- A New founded Biotech Company signs an Agreement with Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma.
- ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Limited, one of our portfolio companies, has been listed on Taipei Exchange.
- The Fund Size increased to JPY 11.6 Billion
- DCI Partners will give a speech scheduled on July 22th in Bio Taiwan 2015
Visit http://bio-taiwan.com/en for more information.
- Company Name
- DCI Partners Co., Ltd.
- Head Office
GranTokyo North Tower 1-9-1,MAP
- May 20, 2014
- Share Capital
- 50 million yen
- Management of venture capital funds specialized in the life science field
[Fund under management]
Daiwa Taiwan-Japan Biotech Fund (Fund I)
Daiwa Taiwan-Japan BioVenture Investment Limited Partnership II (Fund II)
- Fund Size
- Fund I : JPY 11.6 Billion
Fund II : JPY 15.3 Billion
- Board of
- Hiroki Narita President & CEO
Katsumi Uchida Director
- Shuntaro Kodama Managing Director
Haruyo Takano Audit & Supervisory Board Member
- Hiroki Narita President & CEO
- Biotech Start-ups centered on the therapeutic field in Japan and Taiwan
- Spin-out or carve-out opportunities from pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical companies and academia